- Where are your flats located?
- What does self-catering (self-contained) apartment mean?
- Who are your main customers? Who are your flats suitable for?
- What does the apartment contain?
- How much are the bills and how can I pay them?
- Do you provide parking facilities?
- Do you provide any meals?
- My birthday is coming soon. May I rent your apartment for this purpose?
- Can I arrange a viewing of the property I want to rent?
- How do I make a reservation?
- Do I need to make payment in advance?
- Is there a possibility my reserved flat will be given to someone else - a “better” client?
- Can you provide an invoice / receipt so I can claim business expenses?
- Will the rate per night change with the number of guests?
Where are your flats located?
All properties are located in North, North West and Central London, mainly in the following areas:
- Lancaster Gate
- Baker Street
- Kilburn Park
- Swiss Cottage
- Willesden Green
- Willesden Junction
- Dollis Hill
What does self-catering (self-contained) apartment mean?
It means you will have a flat on your own, with all the equipment necessary for your stay.
Who are your main customers? Who are your flats suitable for?
Short Let London's client base includes a wide spectrum of regional, national and international visitors.
Our customers are individuals from a range of categories and age groups, who are looking for budget accommodation for a short term in London.
- Tourists and holidaymakers, who are coming to London for a short stay
- Professionals in business trips
- International students and young interns
- London workers on short contracts
- Britons in between homes, who need a temporary place to stay
What does the apartment contain?
All our apartments contain:
- Private bathroom (toilet & shower cabin/bath)
- Kitchen with utensils (e.g. knives, forks, spoons, cups, plates, etc.)
- Microwave (selected flats)
- Oven (selected flats)
- Double bed (or/and double sofa) with fresh bed linen
- Fresh towels
- Fridge and freezer
- Basic furniture such as wardrobe, chest of drawers, table/desk (list of items varies depending on the type of a property - check the description in the listining)
How much are the bills and how can I pay them?
You’ll find 2 different details in the descriptions of the apartments.
FREE WIFI CONNECTION. BILLS & TAX INCLUDED: this means that the rates include all bills, Wi-Fi and taxes.
FREE WIFI CONNECTION. TAX INCLUDED. BILLS ARE INCLUDED, but NOT ELECTRICITY (the apartment has an electricity meter, which will be topped up by the client on a pay as you go system). This means that you have to pay for the electricity during your stay. You will receive all the information during your check-in. On average, the cost of the electricity depends on your usage (can be £1.50 - £2.50 or more per day).
Do you provide parking facilities?
Unfortunately we are not able to deal with parking.
Do you provide any meals?
We don’t provide meals as our apartments are self-catering, but you’ll find a private kitchen and cooking facilities in the apartment. Simply check the listing description to find out what’s included.
My birthday is coming soon. May I rent your apartment for this purpose?
Unfortunately not. We don't provide properties for celebration purposes (e.g. birthdays, weddings, other parties).
Can I arrange a viewing of the property I want to rent?
Yes, certainly. You can arrange a viewing before the advanced payment of 30% is paid.
Please note that the viewing can only be arranged if a property is not occupied by another client. This is due to privacy, safety and security of all the guests. If you do wish to arrange the viewing, please contact us by email so we can check when such a viewing is possible. We will then provide you with the closest available date. You will need to call us again in that date to check the availability of the flat for your dates again as the flat will remain on the market until the advance payment of 30% of the total rent is paid. In the event that you call us on the viewing date and the flat is booked by someone else, you will not be able to rent it out as we are not able to place any accommodation on hold until the viewing date.
How do I make a reservation?
Do I need to make payment in advance?
Yes. To reserve a flat for you, we require an advance payment of 30% of the total price of the booking. The remaining amount is due on arrival.
Is there a possibility my reserved flat will be given to someone else - a “better” client?
Absolutely not! We value all our clients. If you have booked, then your stay is guaranteed. In the event of unforeseen circumstances outside our control we will be glad to offer you an alternative accommodation or return the advanced payment.
Can you provide an invoice / receipt so I can claim business expenses?
Of course. We are happy to issue an invoice and /or receipt on your request with all details.
Will the rate per night change with the number of guests?
The rates provided on our website are for 1-2 people. In some properties with a 2-4 people capacity, each 3rd and 4th person will be charged extra.
Do I need to wash my bed linen and towels?
Absolutely not. There’s no need for you to do this — we use the services of a professional laundry.
My plans have changed slightly. Can I change my arrival / departure dates?
Yes, you can, subject to availability. An additional charge will be applied.
Unfortunately I have to cancel my visit to London. What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellation will only be accepted in writing (including email) and will only be effective on acknowledgement by the Company. Unless otherwise specified in the Booking Confirmation, the following cancellation policy will apply: if the client does not appear (a no show), then they will forfeit the payment made during the booking confirmation. This consists of 30% of the total rent payment.
If the client decides to cancel the booking less than 14 days before the arrival date, they forfeit the entirety of what has already been paid. This consists of 30% of the total rent payment. If the client cancels the booking more than 14 days prior to the arrival date, the prepayment will be refunded.
I have to leave London a few days earlier. Can you refund my rent payment for these days?
The rent payments are non-refundable if customers leave an apartment earlier. This is due to the fact that we have rejected other bookings.
Could you give me more details about your check-in and check-out procedures?
Yes, you’ll find all information regarding on check-in and check-out in our apartments by clicking in this page: Arrivals & Departures.